Manager in Training
Job Title: Manager in Training
Department: Training Department
Reports To: Training Senior Manager
Job Summary – The holder of this position will receive in depth on the job training for operational procedures in all perishable and non-perishable store departments. Job training for the Front-End department will entail learning to operate POS systems, opening and closing procedures, responsibilities in scanning and customer service. Additional training courses required are as follows: Dale Carnegie leadership training, Basic Food Hygiene, Meat Training program with Sr. Meat and Seafood Manager and Lift Equipment testing as applicable.
Job duties will vary according to the position and department assigned throughout the training program. Training plans are created based on the individual’s level of experience, knowledge, and company requirements; schedule adjustments are possible at any time during the program to accommodate company needs. Competency checklist will be administered during the Manager in Training program to assess progress and evaluate knowledge.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and speak English.
- Ability to perform intermediate Math and follow company CTO’s.
- Intermediate Computer literacy required.
- Comprehension of business basics required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store or department dictates.
- Ability to display initiative, follow instructions and work with limited supervision.
- Organized time management skills.
- Strong management/leadership skills.
- Ability to make decisions and provide direction.
- Willingness to learn all work resources required of management.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managerial position or equivalent.
- Experience in the supermarket industry is not necessary.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Manager in Training, you’ll start earning between KYD$34,000.00 to KYD$38,000.00 annually, based on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: March 24th, 2023