March 12, 2020
Foster’s | COVID-19 Updates
- Store Hours: 6AM – 6PM Monday – Saturday (All Foster’s Supermarket & Priced Right locations)
- Shopping by Last Name – Last names beginning with A – K can shop Monday’s, Wednesday’s & Friday’s. Last names beginning with L – Z can shop Tuesday’s, Thursday’s & Saturday’s.
- The elderly, disabled, expectant mothers, and those more vulnerable in our community, can continue to shop Monday – Saturday (by last name) between 6AM – 7AM. Outside of these hours, please head to the front of the line.
- Essential Services (with a valid ID) will be prioritized to shop Monday – Saturday (by last name) between 5PM – 6PM. If there is still a line at this time, please head to the front.
- Essential Services are defined as: Front Line / First Responders like:
- HSA medical staff,
- uniformed staff generally
- Essential Services are defined as: Front Line / First Responders like:
- Western Union will remain closed, as it is not deemed an essential business by the government.
- Each household should designate one shopper per household to come in store. Groups will not be allowed into the store.
- We strongly suggest leaving children at home when you come to the store.
- At the door, each customer will be given a shopping cart to shop with, regardless of the size of their shop to help with social distancing.
- Reusable bags cannot be used, and will not be allowed in store. The fee for plastic bags will be waived.
- Try to pay by credit or debit card rather than cash.
- In addition, to ensure social distancing requirements, we will be monitoring and restricting the number of customers within our stores throughout the day.
- Please come prepared with your shopping list in order to speed up your shopping time and help move the line outside into the store as quickly as possible.
Steps to Keep Safe
- Sanitize your hands
- Wipe the cart of basket handle
- Social distancing in store (maintain a distance of 3-6 feet from others)
April 7th, 2020 | Product Limit Changes
Effective Wednesday 8th April, our current product limits on entire departments at Foster’s Supermarkets and Priced Right will be lifted. This includes the limits on grocery, frozen and health & beauty care departments.
However, in order to ensure high-demand products are available for as many of our customers as possible, Foster’s is limiting the purchase of specific products to one (1) or two (2) per product, per customer, depending on the product. The products limited are clearly marked on shelves and are listed as follows:
- Limit 1 product, per UPC, per customer on hand sanitizer, alcohol & peroxide & vinegar products (items listed below).
- Limit 2 products, per UPC, per customer on bleach, disinfectant products, paper products, pasta & flour products.
For more information on product limits click here.
April 2nd, 2020 | Rumor Control
Recently, a rumor has been circulating that team members at Foster’s have tested positive for COVID-19 and are still working. This rumor is unsubstantiated and completely false.
We take the health and safety of our team and community extremely seriously and would not knowingly put anyone at risk. To help ensure this, we’ve put the following policies in place.
- Any team members who returned from leave overseas were asked to immediately self-quarantine for a period of two weeks before starting back at work.
- Any team member living with someone who was quarantined, was also asked to self-quarantine for two weeks.
- Any team member who does not feel well, is asked to stay home from work, and if they are presenting with flu-like symptoms, to call the HSA flu hotline or use the online self-assessment tool immediately.
- Elderly and immuno-compromised team members have been given the option to stay home during this time should they wish.
- All team members are required to wash their hands and sanitize their workstations frequently throughout the day.
On top of the measures put in place at our stores to keep customers and team members safe, healthy and socially distanced, plexiglass protective shields for each of our registers and customer service counters and protective face shields for our front end team have been ordered.
In these difficult times, we discourage the spread of rumors and fake news as they create unnecessary panic and stress within the community. Should rumors surface, and you feel unsure or have questions, we ask that you reach out to us directly at [email protected]
March 31st, 2020 | Grocery Department – Product Limit Update
Effective Tuesday, March 31st, the following product lines in the grocery department will be limit free:
All other limits on items in the grocery, frozen and HBC departments remain.
March 29th, 2020 | Shopping by Last Name
In order to reduce the amount of people at supermarkets across Cayman, the government has restricted the days you can shop, to a last name alphabet restriction.
People with last names beginning with letters A – K, can shop on Monday’s, Wednesday’s & Friday’s.
People with last names beginning with letters L – Z, can shop on Tuesday’s, Thursday’s & Saturday’s.
The elderly, disabled, expectant mothers, and those more vulnerable in our community, can continue to shop Monday – Saturday between 6AM – 7AM. Outside of these hours, please head to the front of the line.
Essential Services (with a valid ID) will be prioritized to shop Monday – Saturday between 5PM – 6PM. If there is still a line at this time, please head to the front.
March 28th, 2020 | Changes to our Weekly Specials
Around the world, disinfectants, shelf-stable grocery items and analgesics have been in extremely high demand putting strain on manufacturing and supply chains.
Because of this, we have made the difficult decision to suspend our weekly ads for the time being so our buyers can focus on sourcing and ordering products to keep our shelves stocked. Don’t worry though, we have hundreds of savings in store still, just look for the green tags in each department! Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
March 25th, 2020 | Foster’s Supermarket & Priced Right Stores to Close
Due to the government imposed 24-hour curfew, all Foster’s Supermarket and Priced Right locations will close at 6PM Wednesday, 25th March.
All Foster’s Supermarket and Priced Right locations will reopen on Saturday 28th March, from 6AM – 6PM.
March 24th, 2020 | UPDATED – Store Hours & Social Distancing in Store
Effective today, Tuesday 24th March, our store hours will change to;
6AM – 6PM MONDAY – SATURDAY
This has been implemented to abide by government curfew restrictions.
Foster’s Pharmacy will be open from 6AM – 6PM, Monday – Saturday.
Our delis will be open from 6AM – 5PM Monday – Saturday.
Western Union will be open from 7AM – 4PM, Monday – Saturday.
The dedicated shopping hour from 6AM – 7AM will remain.
– Each household should designate one shopper per household to come in store.
– We strongly suggest leaving children at home when you come to the store.
– At the door, each customer will be given a shopping cart to shop with, regardless of the size of their shop to help with social distancing.
– Reusable bags can not be used, and will not be allowed in store. The fee for plastic bags will be waived.
In addition, to provide a happy, healthy shopping environment and assist in social distancing requirements, we will be monitoring and restricting the number of customers within our stores throughout the day.
We ask that the community remain calm, think rationally and use proper hygiene practices throughout the day. We recommend designating one shopper per household to reduce the number of people in store and avoid doubling up on items. When in store, maintain safe social distancing (3-6ft), use a debit or credit card to pay when possible, and sanitize your hands and the shopping cart or basket handles when entering the store.
We ask that the community:
· Remain Calm
· Think Rationally
· Use Proper Hygiene Practices
· Maintain Social Distancing
· Use Debit/Credit Cards for Payment
· Sanitize Regularly
March 23rd, 2020 | Dining Areas Close
As per government restrictions, Bay Market Cafe at Foster’s Camana Bay has now closed its indoor and outdoor dining areas indefinitely.
We will continue to offer takeout from all food stations and hot food bars (now service-only, with a reduced menu offering).
Bay Market Cafe recently launched online ordering, with pickup and delivery* options available. Click here to start ordering online.
*Delivery within Camana Bay only.
March 21st, 2020 | Press Release
Cayman Supermarkets Set Product Limits
Over the last two weeks, the island has watched as cases of COVID-19 spread across the globe forcing countries to close borders and take drastic measures to protect their citizens. Around the world, disinfectants, shelf-stable grocery items and analgesics have been in extremely high demand putting strain on manufacturing and supply chains.
Foster’s Supermarket, Priced Right, Kirk Market, and Hurley’s Marketplace have come together to address the effects COVID-19 has had on the production and supply of products. While we’re all still receiving multiple shipments per week, the challenges we continue to face to ensure products are on the shelves are many. In an effort to ensure product is available for as many of our country’s citizens as possible, we have decided to implement the following product limits across all Foster’s Supermarket, Priced Right, Kirk Market, and Hurley’s Marketplace locations, effective Monday, March 23rd:
- Limit 2 products, per UPC, per customer on the entire grocery, frozen, and health & beauty care department items.
- The meat, seafood, produce, dairy, deli and bakery departments will remain limit free.
As an example, a customer can purchase two Quaker Instant Oatmeal Original Flavor, two Quaker Instant Oatmeal Variety Packs, and two Tombstone Frozen Pizzas at the same time. All Foster’s Supermarket, Hurley’s Marketplace, Kirk Market, and Priced Right locations will implement the above limits.
While this limit may seem like it could be cause for panic, it’s not. Shipments are still coming in multiple times a week and the supermarkets are still sourcing product from any quality source we can. We’ve come together to help ensure product is available for as many people as possible during this uncertain time. Putting the product limits in place stops panic buying and should keep products on the shelf longer. In speaking with our suppliers, we will continue to get product and shipping lines continue to say that the ships will sail.
We continue to urge people to look at their shopping and consumption habits during this time, and plan for the coming weeks. While the uncertainty around COVID-19 remains, customers can rest assured that the supermarkets in Cayman are taking action to keep shelves stocked and stores clean for customers. We’re committed to providing the best service possible, and we ask that the community remain calm, think rationally and use proper hygiene practices throughout the day. We recommend designating one shopper per household to reduce the number of people in store and avoid doubling up on items. When in store, maintain safe social distancing, use a debit or credit card to pay when possible, and sanitize your hands and the shopping cart or basket handles when entering the store.
Customers with questions on product availability can speak to team members in store, email the store directly or reach out to the supermarket’s respective social media channels.
March 21st, 2020 | Keeping Our Stores Clean
In addition to our regular cleaning, we now have a dedicated team sanitizing our stores.
This team will be:
1. Wiping down cart handles before being returned to the cart corral.
2. Sanitizing baskets on a daily basis.
3. Wiping down all touchable surfaces throughout the stores.
Our front end teams are also constantly wiping down and sanitizing the checkouts.
We have recently adjusted the flow at most of our stores. There is now a dedicated entry and exit, allowing for easier movement & social distancing.
March 20th, 2020 | Putting Rumors to Rest
We’re putting the rumors to rest, we’re not closing!
We understand that through these unprecedented times, people can feel unsure how their daily lives will be impacted.
However, we can assure you we’re not closing & shipments are continuing!
March 19th, 2020 | Safe Shopping Steps
To help keep you and our team safe, follow these three steps when shopping with us:
1 – Sanitize your hands when entering our stores. Hand sanitizer is available at the entry of all Foster’s stores.
2 – Wipe the cart or basket handle. Wipes are available at the entry of all Foster’s stores.
3 – Maintain social distancing whilst in store (3-6 feet). This includes while in line for the pharmacy, deli or registers.
March 17th, 2020 | Pharmacy Hours Change
We have revised our Pharmacy hours at both Foster’s Airport and Camana Bay locations to, 6AM – 8PM.
This is to allow our pharmacy team additional time to process prescriptions and orders.
For more information or to contact Foster’s Pharmacy, click here.
March 16th, 2020 | Dedicated Shopping Hour
To assist those who are more vulnerable within our community, we will have a dedicated shopping hour from 6AM-7AM for the elderly, those with a disability, expectant mothers or anyone who may be vulnerable. This will come into effect from tomorrow (Tuesday 17th March), at all Foster’s Supermarket and Priced Right locations.
The wider public are asked to respect this hour as it has been allocated for those who are more vulnerable within our community.
March 16th, 2020 | Deli & Bakery Changes
During this unprecedented time, we have decided to make changes to our deli and food bar areas. From tomorrow (Tuesday 17th March), the following changes come into effect:
– Salad bars at all Foster’s locations will be closed, replaced with pre-packaged salads.
– Hot bars at all Foster’s locations will be changed from self-serve to service only, with a reduced menu offering. We will continue to sanitize and replace serving utensils every 20-30 minutes.
– All items in the self-serve pastry cases will be pre-packaged in individual bags.
March 13th, 2020 | Additional Product Limits
Due to the ongoing uncertainty around COVID-19 and the higher demand of certain products, we’re limiting additional product lines to help ensure product is available for as many customers as possible.
This includes, all paper towels, all toilet paper, all tissues/napkins, to a limit of 2 per person.
We’ve also added water, with a limit of 1 or 2 (dependent on product) per customer.
For a full list of products and SKUs, please click here.
March 13th, 2020 | Extended Opening Hours
We’ll be temporarily extending our opening hours.
From tomorrow (Saturday 14th March) all stores will open at 6am, continuing Monday – Saturday, until further notice.
March 12th, 2020 | Press Release
Foster’s reassures customers that panic-buying is not necessary.
Since the rapid spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the classification of the virus as a pandemic by the World Health Organization, panic-buying has ensued, globally. As such, people have been stocking up on disinfectant items in an effort to keep their families safe.
Recently, photos and video have been spread on social media of empty shelves at our Foster’s Supermarket and Priced Right locations. While we may be temporarily out of stock on certain high-demand items, we are working with our suppliers to bump-up orders and purchase what is available while searching for new sources and product alternatives where needed. “Our purchasing team is working to increase orders on high-demand products and get them on island as quickly as possible” says Marketing Senior Manager Julian Foster. “We are, however, experiencing some temporary shortages on health and sanitation products like face masks, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes and sprays, and isopropyl alcohol, among other products, which are in high demand around the world. During these unprecedented times, manufacturers and suppliers are working to ramp up production and ordering to ensure product is available.”
Because of this, product limits have been placed on disinfecting products, bleach and vinegar. The limits, ranging from 1-4 products per person, per SKU, are clearly marked on store shelves. The full list of products can be found on our website – https://fosters.ky/cov-product-limit/. Updates to the product list will be made on this site should changes occur and the information will be shared on social media.
Customers are encouraged to take steps to practice infection control measures by:
- Frequently washing hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with warm water and soap
- Covering nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Avoiding close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory infections
- Staying well-hydrated throughout the day (as a reminder, Cayman’s tap water is 100% safe to drink)
“We are fully stocked on food items and have been assured that our suppliers, both locally and overseas, have product on hand to ship” says Managing Director, Woody Foster. “Our warehouse is fully stocked, and while we may still see temporary out of stocks on products, we’ve increased orders where we need to on critical, shelf stable products”. While the uncertainty around COVID-19 remains, customers can rest assured that both Foster’s Supermarkets and Priced Right locations are taking action to keep shelves stocked and stores clean for customers.
Foster’s is committed to providing the best service possible, and is in regular contact with local police, port and government authorities as we all work through this dynamic and unique period. We ask that the community remain calm, think rationally and use proper hygiene practices throughout the day.
Customers with questions on product availability can speak to team members in store, email [email protected], or contact us on Foster’s’ and Priced Right’s social media channels (@fosterscayman & @pricedrightcayman).
For information on the products we’ve placed limits on, click here.
March 6th, 2020 | Product Limits
In recent weeks, the world has been on watch as Coronavirus (CoV) cases have popped up from country to country. While no cases have been reported in the Cayman Islands to date, people are still taking precautions to keep their families safe.
In order to ensure products are available for as many of our customers as possible, Foster’s is limiting the purchase of specific disinfectant products to two (2) per customer, per product.
To see the complete list of products limited, please click here.