Job Title: Procurement Associate
Reports To: Procurement Buyers and/ or Procurement & Logistics Executive Manager
Job Summary – The position is responsible for various purchasing activities and working in partnership with Procurement Buyers in order to achieve the common goal of effective product management.
- Communicate with vendors to ensure product is purchased at the lowest cost.
- Communicate with local vendors on allocating weekly deals and monitoring the service level and out of stocks.
- Monitor all invoices to ensure deals and cost is received as agreed.
- Identify and manage efficient cost-saving logistic approach in importing products.
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers to acquire increase distribution of product in the market.
- Responsible for accurate recordkeeping and timely submission of reports as required.
- Identify and analyze purchasing opportunities – new supplier, new products, and new distribution through liaising with Procurement Buyers and suppliers.
- Be required to participate in inventory checks held throughout the year.
- Manage Service Level and In-stock ratios as agreed and set out by company.
- Request any credits from vendors if needed due to damages, incorrect shipment and any other circumstances which may require credit from said vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Proven knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office systems and other industry related programs at an intermediate to high skill level.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make decisions and provide direction.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Industry knowledge of product & processes
- 2-3 years retail merchandising experience or proven knowledge and experience in ordering procedure or related field.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Purchasing Associate, you’ll start earning between KYD$15.30-KYD$21.06 per hour, based on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: November 29th, 2023