Job Title: Produce Supervisor
Reports To: Produce Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager assigned
Job Summary – The position is responsible for assisting in the implementation of the Produce Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager’s objectives by supervising and leading human resources in the Produce department. The position must assist in managing daily operations, associate development and customer satisfaction. The position must also provide variety and high-quality products appealingly displayed to maximize the sales and profits of the department while maintaining great customer service.
- Provide all customers with prompt, courteous and friendly service.
- Have knowledge of different types of products and services with the ability to make suggestions and sell to customers.
- Participate in training all department associates according to store policies and procedures.
- Supervise staff to meet department goals, objectives and budgets.
- Participate in associate evaluation, disciplinary and coaching processes.
- Participate in planning and building the department displays for maximum sales and product turnover.
- Perform administrative duties, scheduling and administering breaks.
- Monitor and maintain all logs for inventory control, ordering of supplies and/or merchandise, charts, schedules, etc.
- Follow all department inventory control procedures and maintain control of products and supplies.
- Monitor the receiving and unloading, quality, counts and condition department merchandise.
- Always maintain an organized and clean work area.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write and speak English.
- Ability to perform basic Math and follow company’s CTO’s.
- Basic computer competency preferred.
- Comprehension of business basics preferred.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store dictates.
- Ability to display initiative, work with limited supervision and follow instructions.
- Ability to make decisions and provide direction.
- Ability to timely multitask while working in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to work with largely diverse teams.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and to stand for extended periods of time.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Interest and willingness to learn the Retail Industry and role of Manager.
- Basic Food & Hygiene Certification.
- Successfully complete every section of the produce associate and manager training program.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in retail operations.
- Experience in produce department (merchandising, ordering, and inventory).
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Produce Supervisor, you’ll start earning between, Hourly Salary Range: CI$10.55 to CI$14.66 depending on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: October 26th, 2022