Procurement Manager Level 2
Job Title: Procurement Manager Level 2
Department: Procurement and Logistics
Reports To: Procurements and Logistics Executive Manager
Job Summary – The position is responsible for effectively planning, organizing, and procuring goods and services that the organization requires. The position is responsible for meeting the needs of the perishable departments by ensuring proper purchasing, rotation, and maintaining inventory of a wide variety of goods to meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for gross profit and sales budgets set forth by the company.
- Maintaining proper warehouse days on hand per company standards.
- Training and developing Purchasing Associates within the department.
- Product selection and ensuring proper product mix is maintained to maximize sales and profit.
- Overseeing the Purchasing Associates and communicating with Department Managers.
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers to acquire increase distribution of product in the market.
- Communicate and implement manufacture price increase and communicate with stores.
- Identify and analyze purchasing opportunities – new supplier, new products, and new distribution through liaising with Purchasing Associates and suppliers.
- Must keep accurate records and submit reports in a time manner as required.
- Monitoring turn buying of all assigned departments.
- Review quarterly inventory results performed by external auditing.
- Implement category management as it applies to movement and shelf allocation.
- Ability to work with Merchandisers to make sure properly utilize shelf space to maximize sales and profits.
- Ability to write weekly and monthly ads for assigned department to increase sales within department parameters.
- Manage Purchasing Associates in achieving days on hand targets as agreed upon and set out within company policy.
- Participate in recruitment, training, performance appraisal, and employee development according to company policies and procedures.
- Manage and maintain strict compliance with company health and safety programs including sanitation, risk management and asset management programs.
- Assist with development, implementation and updating department standard operating procedures.
- Set and monitor department goals.
- Evaluate market trends and price of goods and supplies in the market.
- Source and purchase from regional vendors and others for Floral supplies.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Proven knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office systems and other industry related programs at an intermediate to high skill level.
- Ability to perform intermediate Math.
- Computer literacy required.
- Comprehension of business basics required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store or department dictates.
- Ability to display initiative, follow instructions.
- Organized time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions and provide direction.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership abilities and decision-making skills for a team of staff.
- 4-5 years’ experience in Perishables Buying Operation or Equivalent.
- Experience in Floral purchasing and handling preferred.
- Strong Leadership Skills.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Procurement Manager, you’ll start earning between $48,000 to $50,000.00 depending on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: December 22, 2022