Job Title: Pharmacist
Reports To: Pharmacy Manager/Pharmacy Senior Manager
Job Summary – The position will be responsible for in-store activities within the Department, including preparing, dispensing, stocking, and maintaining pharmaceutical and other health care products. The position will be responsible for providing quality customer service in a private, safe and healthy environment. Position must also observe all store and company policies; while maintaining a neat, well-groomed personal appearance.
- Provide all customers with prompt and courteous service in a confidential and private setting.
- Assist patients with prescription drug treatments with an aim to help treat, manage and prevent illnesses, pain and other symptoms.
- Monitor and educate patients in compliance with all regulations.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash accountabilities at POS registers.
- Follow all department inventory control procedures.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area.
- Dispensing medications to the public
- Ensure different treatments are compatible
- Check dosages and ensure that medicines correctly supplied and labelled.
- the preparation of any medicines compounded.
- Update the register of narcotic controlled drugs for legal and stock control purposes.
- Liaise with doctors about prescriptions.
- Sell over the counter medications.
- Advise the public on the treatment of minor ailments.
- Advise patients of any adverse side effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines and treatments.
- Offer blood pressure and diabetic screening.
- Keep up to date with current pharmacy practice new drug and their uses.
- Supervise pharmacy support staff.
- Arrange the delivery of prescription medicine to patients.
- Maintain proper inventory management utilizing the QSL pharmacy system.
- Checking health insurance for eligibility and balance.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write and speak English.
- Intermediate computer competency preferred.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Exhibit attention to detail and commitment
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store dictates.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to timely multitask while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy
- Experience in QS1 Pharmacy System preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Registered Pharmacist.
- Eligible for registration as a Pharmacist in the Cayman Islands per current Health Practice Laws and Regulations.
- Verified proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Pharmacist, you’ll start earning between KYD$55,000.00- KYD$58,000.00 KYD annually based on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: December 10th, 2023