Job Title: Multipurpose Associate
Department: Store Support
Reports To: Department Supervisor or Department Manager
Job Summary – The position will be responsible for in-store activities within 2 or more departments, including providing assistance to the Department Manager by maintaining, preparing and presenting merchandise and stock levels. The position will be responsible for providing quality customer service in a safe and healthy environment. Observe all store and company policies; while maintaining a neat, well-groomed personal appearance.
- Have basic knowledge of products available, including seasonal products to promote department sales.
- Stock displays and keep all products rotated in accordance with company policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest products first FIFO (first in, first out).
- Keep displays, shelves and refrigerated cases properly stocked and faced at all times.
- Code-dates and rotates all merchandise to ensure quality and freshness.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to department procedures.
- Retrieve items that customers are unable to reach, lift, or find.
- Ability to understand, write and speak English.
- Ability to perform basic Math.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Exhibit attention to detail and commitment
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store dictates.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to endure cold temperatures.
- Complete Basic Food & Hygiene certification. (Produce)
- Must have experience in at least two of the following areas or related fields: Deli, Front End, Merchandising, Meat & Seafood, Bakery and Produce.
- Forklift operations Experience (Preferred)
- Verified proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Multipurpose Associate, you’ll start earning between $8.25 and $13.07 per hour, based on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.