Job Title: Maintenance Associate
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor & Operation Manager
Job Summary – The position is responsible for maintenance activates throughout the company, including providing assistance to the Maintenance Manager by performing a wide variety of plumbing, refrigeration, electrical, gas equipment, and general repair functions related to the care of property and equipment of the company. The position will be responsible for providing quality service in a safe and healthy environment. This position will be expected to work on Sundays as well as overnight shifts.
- Maintain knowledge of equipment and tools required to keep them in optimal working condition.
- Conduct preventive and routine maintenance.
- Align, adjust, repair, and replace components of electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and gas equipment.
- Disassemble, clean, rebuild and test equipment.
- Diagnose equipment problems and determine solutions that will be reviewed by the Maintenance Department on an as needed basis.
- Handle all equipment with extreme care and competency during different aspects of preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Perform other duties assigned by the department head
- Effectively handle job request on a timely basis
- Respond to emergency 24-hour calls on a rotational basis
- Ability to read, comprehend, write and speak English.
- Ability to perform basic Math.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Exhibit attention to detail and commitment
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as the needs dictate including overnight.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and to stand for extended periods of time.
- Agility and flexibility needed for work on ladders, underneath machinery and within ceiling crawl space areas.
- Ability to timely multitask while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have reliable transportation as work in all locations will be assigned.
- Refrigeration Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years general Maintenance Technician experience.
- Verified proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Maintenance Associate, you’ll start earning between CI$17.30 per hour, based on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application submission deadline: Feb 24,2023