HBC Merchandising Senior Manager
Job Title: HBC Merchandising Senior Manager
Department: Merchandising- Health and Beauty Care (HBC)
Reports To: Operations Manager and/or Managing Director
Job Summary – The position is responsible for effectively planning, organizing, leading, coordinating and optimizing the materials and human resources in the assigned department. The position must manage: Daily operations, Department Manager development and customer satisfaction of the Department. The position must ensure variety and high-quality products appealingly displayed to maximize the sales and profits of the department while maintaining great customer service.
- Responsible for gross profit & sales budgets as set forth by the company.
- Responsible for maintaining proper warehouse days on hand per company standards.
- Responsible for training & development of department managers and associates in the assigned department(s) and of Buyers in the Purchasing Department.
- Responsible for product selection and ensuring proper product mix is maintained to maximize sales & profit.
- Responsible for overseeing the Purchasing Department and communicating with other Department Senior Mangers.
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers to acquire increased distribution of product in the market.
- Communicate and implement manufacture price changes and communicate with stores.
- Identify and analyze purchasing opportunities – new supplier, new products, and new distribution through liaising with Buyers and suppliers.
- Responsible for accurate recordkeeping and timely submission of reports as required.
- Responsible for monitoring turn buying of all assigned departments.
- Responsible for reviewing and acting on quarterly inventory results performed by external auditing.
- Ability to implement category management as it applies to movement and shelf allocation.
- Ability to properly utilize shelf space and merchandise to maximize sales and profits.
- Ability to write weekly and monthly ads for assigned department to increase sales within department parameters.
- Asset Management – Manage Buyers in achieving days on hand targets as agreed upon and set out within company policy.
- Participate in the conduct of recruitment selection, training, performance appraisal, and employee development according to company policies and procedures.
- Manage and maintain strict compliance with company health and safety programs including sanitation, risk management and asset management programs.
- Assist with development, implementation and updating Department policy and procedure manuals.
- Set and monitor department goals.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership abilities and decision making skills for a team of staff.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Proven knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office systems and other industry related programs at an intermediate to high skill level.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store or department dictates
- Ability to make decisions and provide direction.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Industry knowledge of product & processes in the specific departments.
- Successful 10-15 years managerial experience in retail operations or related field.
- Proven knowledge in specialty and organic items preferred
- Verified proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Department Senior Manager, you’ll start earning between $75,000.00 and $85,000.00 annually, based on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: June 3rd, 2021.