People, Culture & Development Manager
Job Title: General Engineer
Company / Section: Foster Group / Facility Management
Reports To: General Manager
Job Summary – The holder of this position reports to the General Manager and is responsible for effectively leading, coordinating, organizing, planning, and optimizing human, intellectual and technology resources, and identifying potential synergies across companies identifying areas of improvement and growth in line with the company’s vision, mission and culture. The holder of this position will utilize their skills to provide strong leadership and motivation to deliver key company objectives related to sales and marketing, developing new markets and leading cross-functional initiatives to provide the best customer experience and ensure the company is aligned with changing customer dynamics.
- Consolidate and manage all sub-sections of annual capital and operational budgets.
- Analyze reports to ensure targets are being met against budgets.
- Analyze and manage expenditures needs for day-to-day operations for all facilities.
- Analyze and manage Contribution to Overhead (CTO) for teams as set forth by company standards.
- Assist in the development of financial models to predict adding additional infrastructure and the impact to Foster Group cash flow.
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATION
- Develop safety procedures for the Home Gas facilities
- Ensure all teams are adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure fair and consistent treatment following the policies and procedures as outlined in CARE to promote and maintain high team morale.
- Assist in developing and/or updating systems, policies and procedural manuals for all Home Gas facilities and other entities identified.
GENERAL ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT
- Identify gaps through field inspections and analysis of the engineering drawings, basis of design and operating and safety manuals and develop and implement solutions to reduce or eliminate these Gaps.
- Develop safety procedures/protocol for the Home Gas facilities and establish necessary structures and/or audit facilities to implement and monitor them.
- Perform project management duties on behalf of the Foster Group for new commercial construction projects and expansions to existing facilities.
- Act as the Foster Group focal point for all engineering, facilities management, and project management matters.
- Liaise with local and international architects, engineers, mechanical, HVAC and electrical service providers
ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT AND COMMUNICATION
- Consistently demonstrate good judgment and the ability to maintain composure and professionalism in stressful situations.
- Participate in team building by mentoring, coaching, and developing staff in project management performance.
- Delegate tasks, set deadlines and use initiative, ingenuity, and good judgment to act on opportunities and solve challenges.
- Recognize high performance and create an inspiring team environment with a culture of open communication.
- Conduct monthly meetings to communicate objectives, company benchmarks, department/store performance, new initiatives, and general operations.
- Liaise with the People, Culture and Development leadership team to assist in identifying potential team members for development and succession planning.
- Analyze, document, and improve as necessary SOP’s and workflows throughout the organization.
Levels of Authority:
Purchase from approved vendors and adhere to department KPI’s as outlined by the company.
- Provide status/progress reports to the General Manager in accordance with company procedures.
- Make presentations to the management board.
- If targets cannot be met, a new plan will be established by the General Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
To perform this job successfully, the holder of this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements contained within this Job Description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- At least 30 years of successful managerial experience of international construction project management of oil and gas, civil and commercial facilities.
- Extensive experience with the Project Management of new construction and renovation of existing properties in line with the Cayman Islands building codes.
- Experience of remotely managing multinational teams of experts.
- In-depth knowledge of international safety standards specifically gas plants and equipment safety.
- Extensive knowledge of the Cayman Islands Land and Planning Laws and Regulations.
- Effective written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and/or as part of a team.
- Advanced users of MS Office products, including MS Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Project.
- MSc in Project Management from a recognized university.
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, associates, vendors and customers.
When starting with the Foster Group as a General Engineer, you’ll start earning between CI$155,000-$165,000 per year. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: November 30th, 2022