Deli Bakery Senior Manager
Job Title: Deli Bakery Senior Manager
Department: Deli and Bakery
Reports To: Operations Manager
Job Summary – The position is responsible for effectively planning, organizing, leading, coordinating and optimizing the materials and human resources in the assigned department. The position will manage daily operations, expenses, department manager development and customer satisfaction. The position is responsible for ensuring variety and high-quality products appealingly displayed to maximize the sales and profits of the department while maintaining great customer service.
- Responsible for gross profit & sales budgets as set forth by the company.
- Responsible for maintaining proper warehouse days on hand per company standards.
- Responsible for training & development of department managers and associates in the assigned department(s)and of Buyers in the Purchasing Department.
- Responsible for product selection and ensuring proper product mix is maintained to maximize sales & profit.
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers to acquire increased distribution of product in the market.
- Communicate and implement manufacture price changes and communicate with stores.
- Collaborate with Category Manager and liaise with suppliers to identify and analyze purchasing opportunities –new supplier, new products, and new distribution.
- Responsible for accurate recordkeeping and timely submission of reports as required.
- Responsible for monitoring turn buying of all assigned departments.
- Responsible for reviewing and acting on quarterly inventory results performed by external auditing.
- Ability to implement category management as it applies to movement and shelf allocation.
- Ability to properly utilize shelf space and merchandise to maximize sales and profits.
- Ability to write weekly and monthly ads for assigned department to increase sales within department parameters.
- Asset Management -Manage Buyers in achieving days on hand targets as agreed upon and set out within company policy.
- Participate in the conduct of recruitment selection, training, performance appraisal, and employee development according to company policies and procedures.
- Manage and maintain strict compliance with company health and safety programs including sanitation, risk management and asset management programs.
- Assist with development, implementation and updating Department policy and procedure manuals.
- Set and monitor department goals.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership abilities and decision-making skills for a team of staff.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Proven knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office systems and other industry related programs at an intermediate to high skill level.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Organized time management skills.
- Strong management/leadership skills.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store or department dictates
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make decisions and provide direction.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to endure hot/cold temperatures.
- Proven knowledge in culinary arts or related field. Certification in the culinary arts preferred.
- Successful 10-15 years managerial experience in the culinary industry –Restaurant, Production Kitchen, Deli/Bakery operations or related field.
- Verified proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Deli Bakery Senior Manager, you’ll start earning between $80,000.00 – $87,000.00 annually. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: December 22, 2022