Assistant Store Manager
Job Title: Assistant Store Manager
Reports To: Store Manager
Job Summary – The position assists the store manager with the day-to-day operations of the entire store. Implementing strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, and increase profitability. Offering leadership and support to ensure customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient. Maintains store appearance and product presentation to company standards. Additionally, the position oversees department managers by providing guidance to manage daily operations, associate development, and customer satisfaction for assigned departments.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and monitoring store goals.
- Monitor and control expenses and budgets as set forth by the company.
- Ensure proper and accurate recordkeeping and timely submission of reports as required.
- Assist in planning, organizing, and supervising the quarterly inventory process.
- Take initiative to learn operational platforms and tools, apply and teach others.
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Assist in overseeing the conduct of recruitment selection, training, assessments, and employee development according to company policies and procedures.
- Assist in establishing performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance evaluation process.
- Adhere to and assist in enforcing strict compliance with company health and safety programs including sanitation, risk management and asset management programs.
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information to associates and managers.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership abilities and decision-making skills.
- Maintain an awareness to store conditions, associate and customer needs and respond in an appropriate manner following company policies and procedures.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Must read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must understand and apply intermediate retail terms and math.
- Proficient in Microsoft; Outlook, Excel, Word, OneNote and To-Do.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Must embody positive interpersonal skills.
- Consistently work 6-day weeks with varying hours as store needs dictate.
- Must be able to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with diverse cultures and teams in a friendly, productive manner.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make decisions and provide direction.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proven industry knowledge and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years managerial experience in retail operations or related field.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as an Assistant Store Manager, you’ll start earning between CI$45,000 – CI$50,000 annually, depending on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.
Application Submission Deadline: May 10th, 2023