Rainforest Seafood Thai Coconut Shrimp Curry
Rainforest Seafood: Thai Coconut Shrimp Curry
Rainforest Seafoods Thai Shrimp Coconut Curry
- 1.5 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or coconut oil
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 13-ounce coconut milk, (full fat)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch + 1 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce, optional
- Lime wedges
- Cilantro, chopped
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and lime juice. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle oil in a large skillet and heat over medium. Add the onions and cook for 3 minutes. Add in the bell peppers and cook another 2 minutes. Add the sugar snap peas, garlic, ginger, and seasonings. Cook for about 30 seconds and then pour in the coconut milk and brown sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and then add in the shrimp. Bring back to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- If desired, stir in fish sauce and for a thickened sauce, add in the corn starch water mixture and cook another minute.
- Serve curry over rice and garnish with cilantro or Thai basil.