Job Title: Warehouse Associate
Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor and/or Warehouse Manager
Job Summary – The position will be responsible for accurately and efficiently handling the shipping and receiving activities following department guidelines. The position will be responsible for providing quality customer service in a safe and healthy environment. Position must also observe all department and company policies; while maintaining a neat, well-groomed personal appearance.
- Select and receive various food items to be shipped to stores.
- Palletize and shrink wrap food items.
- Operate material handling equipment necessary to transport, stack, replenish or select food items.
- Cross train and work in various areas of the warehouse.
- Follow company procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Follow all department inventory control procedures.
- Follow company procedures to ensure work areas are clean at all times.
- Always show interest and willingness to learn the industry.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write and speak English.
- Ability to perform basic Math.
- Basic computer competency preferred.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Exhibit attention to detail and commitment.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in largely diverse teams.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as needs dictate, including over-night shifts.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to timely multitask while working in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to endure cold temperatures.
- Previous warehouse or distribution experience a plus, but not required.
- Verified proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Warehouse Associate, you’ll start earning between CI$9.05 and CI$13.39 per hour, based on experience. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.