Job Title: Merchandising Manager
Department: Merchandising – Grocery/Dairy/Frozen/HBC
Reports To: Assistant Store Manager and/or Store Manager Coordinates with: Department Senior Manager
Job Summary – The position is responsible for effectively planning, organizing, leading, coordinating and optimizing the materials and human resources in the assigned department. The position must manage daily operations, expenses, associate development and customer satisfaction. The position must provide variety and high-quality products appealingly displayed to maximize the sales and profits of the department while maintaining great customer service.
- Provide all customers with prompt, courteous and friendly service.
- Conduct performance evaluations, associate training and development and disciplinary or coaching actions to meet department goals, objectives and budgets.
- Ensure that all department associates are trained according to store policies and procedures to meet the standards of the department.
- Maintain knowledge of products and services.
- Plan and build the department displays for maximum sales and turnover and assist with daily tasks of the department.
- Monitor and manage administrative duties, scheduling and assigning tasks and department goals and objectives.
- Monitor and maintain communication logs, shrink logs, product logs, to do lists, Manager’s List etc.
- Oversee and follow ordering, maintenance and inventory control processes for department products and supplies.
- Monitor the receiving and unloading, quality, counts and condition of department merchandise.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area at all times.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write and speak English.
- Ability to perform intermediate Math and follow company CTO’s.
- Computer competency required.
- Comprehension of business basics required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store or department dictates.
- Ability to display initiative, follow instructions and work with limited supervision.
- Organized time management skills.
- Strong management/leadership skills.
- Ability to make decisions and provide direction.
- Willingness to learn P&L reports and/CTO.
- Verified proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.
When starting with Foster’s Food Fair, Ltd. as a Merchandising Manager, you’ll start earning $30,000.00 annually. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.